For those who haven’t heard, I am jumping into the fire! Anyone reading this blog knows my stances on education. Is it enough though? We need change and we need it now.
These are the reasons I am running. I will tackle each reason below.
- Far too many Dover residents don’t want to send their child to Capital School District.
- Every student needs to be treated as an individual and not a test score.
- Our middle schools need a lot of help.
- We need more fiscal transparency and accountability.
- Low-Income Students.
- The Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Student Data.
- More participation from parents in the district.
- Special Education.
- More participation in state legislative matters.
- Charter schools within our district.
- Support for our teachers.
- Ensuring opt out of standardized testing is honored as a parental right.
- More focus on the arts.
- Perception of the district.
- Perception of Dover as a result of the district.
- Oversight of the Delaware Department of Education and the United States Department of Education.
“Far too many Dover residents don’t want to send their child to Capital School District” Continue reading