Exceptional Delaware reached out to candidates for Delaware’s election this year to freely promote their message. Thank you to George Parish for being the first!
Are you a Sussex Countian who’s fed up with traffic congestion and inadequate infrastructure?
I’m GEORGE PARISH – YOUR Republican candidate for Sussex County Council.
Republicans, Democrats and Independents are enthusiastically endorsing my candidacy for Sussex County Council. This energetic candidate will campaign for the 4th District Council seat representing the area around the Inland Bays and nearby communities.
It’s time to just say LET”S FIX IT!
Our LET’S FIX IT! campaign will promote an optimistic future for all Sussex Countians.
- LET’S FIX the Traffic Congestion by approving Transportation Improvement Districts, by increasing road capacity to east traffic flow and by planning for new roads. Approved Transportation Improvement Districts will enable Sussex County officials to be involved in recommending and approving road work, have predictable infrastructure costs, share reasonable costs between developers and the State of Delaware, gather specific traffic data and highlight the linkage between land-use decisions and transportation decisions.
- LET’S FIX the Impact of Development by balancing infrastructure with development,by considering a transfer of development rights program to protect areas from development and by reducing pollution in our Inland Bays. The issue of adequate infrastructure must be effectively addressed in the new Comprehensive Plan. The Sussex County Council must have the political will to introduce and approve appropriate ordinances to implement the infrastructure goals identified in the Comprehensive Plan. The political will may include adopting a transfer of development rights program to protect areas from development, revisiting our policies governing the wetlands, requiring developers to equitably share in the infrastructure costs, restricting upzoning in environmentally sensitive areas and questioning the approval of new developments without adequate infrastructure.
- LET’S FIX the Job Market by advocating for public-private partnerships, by creating tax incentives and by encouraging enterprise zones.
- LET’S FIX the Quality of Life Concerns by approving homestead tax exemptionsfor permanent residents, by supporting additional State Troopers and by enacting a visionary Comprehensive Plan.
- LET’S FIX the Lack of Any At-large Council Members by electing an at-large President of the County Council. It’s time to empower voters with the right to vote for an at-large President of the County Council and the right to vote for a district County Council member. This proposal will enable voters to hear a candidate for President of the County Council focusing on the impact of county-wide issues and to be represented by more than one member on the County Council. Let voters vote!
Join our LET’S FIX IT! campaign to reduce traffic congestion, balance infrastructure with development and improve our quality of life.
Vote for GEORGE PARISH for Sussex County Council, District 4 and LET’S FIX IT!