At 2pm, Delaware Governor Jack Markell will give his last State of the State address to the General Assembly. Judging by his seven press releases over the past few days, it is fairly predictable to guess what he is going to talk about. But the things he won’t talk about are what I’m more curious about…
These are the things I cannot picture Governor Markell saying:
- Common Core really is a big mess and I want it to go away.
- That Christina Board member John Young is one hell of a great guy.
- Smarter Balanced will give us a true indication of socio-economic levels in Delaware.
- I support opt-out.
- I read Exceptional Delaware every day.
- I can’t wait until Wilmington becomes an all-charter town!
- What happens in the limo stays in the limo!
- I did not pee in my pants when the Senate almost defeated the Smarter Balanced legislation.
- I allowed Delaware to lose a lot of business because I was to wrapped up in education.
- Component V and Teacher Evaluations: Gone!
- I will be working for Alliance for Excellent Education in a year.
- I think Rodel is taking advantage of education in Delaware.
- I’ve been planning the destruction of public education as we know it for over ten years!
- Students with disabilities, low-income students, and minorities should not be pawns in my games.
- I would like to recognize State Representative John Kowalko for standing up for what he believes in.
- I would like to recognize Kevin Ohlandt because of his fervent advocacy for student and parental rights.